How To Liven Up Dull Skin After A Tiring Day?
Are you looking for a way to liven up dull skin on a bad day? You know the kind of day I’m talking about – you wake up with puffy eyes and a tired-looking face that won’t go away even with a bath or the day when you are supposed to attend a compulsory get-together after a hectic office day, and also need to look your best! Make-up can instantly perk up your appearance by softening the fine lines and shadows under the eyes.
Here are some quick and easy tips to brighten up sleep-deprived skin.
- First cleanse the skin and massage it to stimulate the blood cells. This gets blood to the surface of the skin.
- If the skin is rough and looks sallow, use a scrub. It will definitely brighten your skin.
- Tired skin is often rough and uneven, and a heavy foundation will not blend well. Instead use a light foundation with a luminous texture to light up the face.
- A foundation mixed with a bronzer or a pearlised foundation mix, can also work wonders. It brings about a clean and fresh radiance.
- You could use a light pink shimmer brick by ColorBar to provide a sweet flush to dull and tired skin. An angular, high cheek-boned look works best to refresh a sleepy face. Get it by using a blush in an up-swing manner.
- Always use a shimmery blush on the apples of the cheeks to add color and radiance. A soft, pretty color on the cheekbones will always make the face appear healthy and well-rested.
- Use a tinted moisturizer to mask tiredness. Make your own by adding a few drops of foundation to moisturizer.
Eyes:Your eyes are a dead giveaway. They are the first to show up signs of tiredness and sleep deprivation. So what you do if you have to go for a very important dinner or a special date? Read on..
- Use a good concealer for under-eye dark circles. Apply the concealer in a semi-circular manner, using your ring finger to blend it into your skin by tapping lightly. This technique makes the concealer blend easily with the skin tone and creates a more natural look.
- Dust the area lightly with a loose powder applied with a good blusher brush. Make sure it does not settle into the fine lines of the eyes.
- Use pretty eye-shadow colors such as corals, pinks or sandy browns to light them up and make them sparkle.
- Always use frosted shadows as these add luster to the eyes.
- Use a lash curler to open up the eyes. Sleep-deprived eyes often look half-closed.
- Applying white kohl also works as it makes the eyes look bigger.
- Use a lengthening mascara and not a volumising one. A lengthening mascara will open the eyes but a volumising one may make the eyes look droopy.
- Eyeliner should always be applied in an up-slant.
- If you are in a particularly bad shape, apply a glitter eyeliner. It is a perfect formula to get that bright sparkle in the eyes. You will not go wrong with this one.
- Using colored contact lenses is another alternative; it works for all.
- Style blush by MAC.
- Shimmer bricks by ColorBar
- Luminous foundation – Strobe creme by MAC
- Frosted shadows – Maybelline New York and Lakme.