Best Natural Kitchen Treasures For The Skin:
Homemade natural skin care prepared using commonly found ingredients in the kitchen not only rejuvenate your skin, but are budget-friendly as well. You can make them at home with few ingredients and follow up your facial with a cooling drink such as iced tea or lemonade and relax.
– Skin Treatment With Tomatoes (Tackles open pores and blackheads): Tomatoes are excellent for oily skins and help the skin feel clean and tight. They also help tackle pores and blackheads. Cut the tomato in half and rub on skin. Leave on for 15 minutes to let skin “feed” on the juice. Wash off.
– Smoother Skin With Cabbage:Cabbage is rich in minerals and vitamins. The next time you boil cabbage, do not throw away the water. Wash your face with this water for soft, smooth skin.
– Skin Treatment For Pigmented Skin:Make a paste of five almonds with 1 tsp fresh cream, 1/2 tsp lemon juice, 1/2 a grated potato and 1/2 tsp fuller’s earth. Apply on the pigmented area and wash off after 10 minutes.
– For A Tighter, Blemish-Free Skin:Make a paste with grated potato, cucumber and tomato. Apply it on face and wash off after 15 minutes for a tighter, blemish-free skin.
– Skin Cleanser:Mix 1/2 cup oatmeal or cornmeal with enough yogurt to form a paste. Mix ingredients, smooth over face avoiding eyes. Wash off with warm water.
– Exfoliator:Mix 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup olive oil together to make a paste. Rub it into your skin using a soft wash cloth, bath sponge or loofah. Rinse well with warm water. If desired, you can add 1 tsp of your favorite kitchen herb.
– Skin Toner:Grate a cucumber. Then use a wash cloth and apply the juice to your face. Cucumber juice is an astringent.
– Face Mask:Mix 1 tbsp honey, 1 egg white, 1 tsp glycerine and 1/4 cup flour. Smooth paste over face and throat. Leave it on for 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
- Natural Deep-Cleansing Facepacks and Masks (www.101beautysalon.com)
- Homemade Herbal Skincare Products (www.101beautysalon.com)
- Skin Types And Skin Care (www.iconclave.com)
- Top Tips for Glowing Skin (money-advice.co.uk)
- Skincare on a budget (moneynews.org)
- Tried the kitchen spa yet? (forallwomentoknow.blogspot.com)
- A Sweet Treat With Honey For The Skin (ofilibeauty.com)