Step By Step Guide to Applying Makeup Correctly:
Step 2: Apply lotion. Before starting with make-up, it is always advisable to use moisturizer on your face.
Step 3: Try to conceal uneven skin tone. With a concealer brush, gently pat the base under the eye to camouflage under eye blemishes. Ensure that the base is one shade lighter than your skin tone. Also, use a concealer on zits, red spots or other skin imperfections. Now blot it with your middle finger using light and gentle strokes starting always from the outer corner of the eye.
Step 4: Pat. Using a large and soft powder brush, apply some similar toned powder to set your concealer using a swirling motion. Warm toned powder works the best. Blend it well so that it looks really natural.
Step 5: Comb. Using a brow brush, comb your eyebrows up and across, or softly apply eyeshadow, matching your eyebrow color to darken the brows, making them appear fuller. If you have full eyebrows, skip this step. Do set your brows using a brow brush with gel, clear mascara or a brow brush with hairspray.
Step 6: Shadow. Use a brush to apply a creamy colored and slightly iridescent eye shadow, that’s similar to your skin tone. If you are going for a tan look, use a soft bronze shade. If you are looking at concealing blemishes on the eyelid, use a color that resembles your skin tone.
Step 7: Blush. Apply a cream blush on the apples of your cheeks. Smile, blend upwards in a circular motion towards the temple. You can also follow your cheekbones, or suck in your cheeks to apply the blusher. Blend it well.
Step 8: Curl. You can sometimes use an eyelash curler, even when applying a transparent coat of mascara. It can make your lashes look chic. Mascara should be applied on both the top and bottom lashes. But make it a point to apply it thicker on the outer lashes. It makes your eyes look big and deep set. Apply one or two coats and let it dry in between. For the bottom lashes, blot the mascara wand on tissue paper and swish it back and fourth on bottom lashes.
Step 9: Apply lip color. Outline the lips using a creamy lip pencil. Then, using a brush, fill your lip. Spread gloss on top. Experiment with colors and textures. Or find out your skin tone, and choose colors that complement it. Always use a transparent gloss over lipstick.
Effective Makeup Tricks:
- Experiment with light, flirty colors – pastels, soft metallics and bright tones. Go beyond powder eye shadows for textures that are creamy, shimmery, sparkly or glittery.
- Make sure your eyebrows look natural. Just tweeze stray hairs. Do not over pluck! Over-plucking is a very common mistake that teenage girls make.
- Beware: Never wax your eyebrows on your own.
- Cream blush looks the most fresh and natural.
- To make lip color last longer, use a lip pencil before applying lipstick.
- When you’re putting on foundation, stand 2 feet away from the minor. This way you won’t be tempted to slap it on every single little blackhead.
- A common mistake made with foundation is to create a mask-effect, leaving your face looking stained and unnatural. To prevent this, use medium coverage powder or tinted moisturizer. Blend thoroughly.
- Don’t go overboard with your makeup. Carefully applied mascara, blush (only needed when your cheeks look pale), and lip gloss is really all you need to look fresh!
- Blue eyeshadow rarely works.
- How To Apply Makeup (www.101beautysalon.com)
- Look Younger In 6 Steps (www.101beautysalon.com)
- How To Apply Makeup (www.iconclave.com)
- Changing Your Eyebrows (fixmakeup.co.uk)
- All About Concealer (roselineorho.wordpress.com)