Beauty Planner For The Winter Months:
- Week 1: Festive season is here, so while you clean your home, go to a salon and spruce up.
- Week 2: Cleanse, tone and moisturize your face twice a day. Try your best to follow this minimal skincare regimen through the year. You can experiment with make-up on the special days. Choose shimmer and a brighter color palette – magenta, fuchsia, purple and claret. A touch of bronze on your eyes completes the picture.
- Week 3: Now that you’ve indulged in sweet desserts and fried food, check your weight and your Body Mass Index (BMI). Get more exercise – the weather more pleasant, just perfect for a walk, any time of the day.
- Week 4:With winter in full swing – rejuvenate your dry skin with a diet. Indulge in oily fish such as salmon, mackerel and tuna. Else, pop a cod-liver capsule for the next fortnight. For vegetarians, have more whole-grains, soy, garlic and olive oil. Use a conditioner every time you shampoo. Do rinse off the conditioner with cool water to lock in the moisture.
- Week 1:Have an orange every day. Full of vitamin C, this fruit of the season will definitely keep the doctor away! Dry and powder the orange zest and store it for summer-time face packs. If burdened with dark knuckles, knees and elbows – massage the area gently with orange peel dipped in a little almond oil.
- Week 2: Go outdoors whenever you can. Be it an extra round with your pet in the park or an hour of Frisbee with children. Don’t forget the sunscreen. Even if the winter sun feels good on your skin, it may not feel happy with the extra dose of UV rays. Be good to your skin. Keep it safe.
- Week 3: Get your hands and feet ready for Christmas and New Year festivities – indulge in a spa pedicure and manicure. Try a paraffin wax manicure and pedicure at a good spa; else go for a manicure and pedicure with aroma oils and packs. Invest in a good hand and foot cream – try Sally Hansen, Oriflame and The Body Shop.
- Week 4: Have those eight glasses of water a day diligently to tackle the toxins you’re feeding your body at parties. On New Year’s eve, indulge. Visit a salon for a hair-styling session. Get a smart haircut and go for a hair spa treatment. Remember to cover ugly greys – go for a global coloring, and highlights.
- Week 1: Weight yourself again. And instead of shedding tears, join a gym. If weight training is not your cup of tea, sign up for salsa or even yoga. Get fit.. Go for a detox diet. It will take just a day – have fruits and vegetables (steamed, boiled or grilled) through the day. Yogurt and some green tea are added goodness.
- Week 2: Before your daily shower, massage your body with oil (4 tbsp of olive oil with 4 drops of eucalyptus oil). While you shower, use a loofah to slough off the dead skins. Remember to clean the loofah after every shower.
- Week 3: Boost your weight-loss program with a lymphatic drainage massage from a reputed spa – it improves your blood circulation and metabolism. For an added glow to your skin and a head full of shining tresses, pop a vitamin E capsule every day for the entire week. Break open a capsule and add to your moisturizer or massage oil for added nourishment to dry skin.
- Week 4:Go for a complete health check-up; gynecological, mammogram, dental check-up, blood pressure and blood sugar, cholesterol and eye check-up. A healthy body is essential for looking your best. Indulge in a facial, and from this new year onwards, make it a habit to go for a facial at least once a month, especially if you’re above 25. Try exotic varieties – chocolate, diamond, wine, fruits – to get used to this healthy if indulgent habit.
- Week 1: Wax your upper lip and tweeze your eyebrows into shape. Make regular waxing a part of your routine, starting this week. Turn it into a once-a-month must-do activity. If really strapped for cash-bleach your face. A cleaner complexion is an added perk.
- Week 2: Make-up Tip: Turn your foundation into a tinted moisturizer by mixing a drop of it with your regular moisturizing lotion. Ideal for a peaches-and-cream complexion in the spring time.
- Week 3: Mash or puree fruits and apply the paste to your skin. Fruits are rich in alpha-hydroxy acids that act as exfoliants – sloughing off the dead skin cells from the skin surface and paving the way for new growth. This will add a soft glow to your skin.
- Week 4: Indulge in a bite or two of chocolate – but the bitter variety. Top up with a glass of wine. Both wine and cocoa are rich in antioxidants that detoxify your body and help prevent diseases. They also add a healthy glow to your skin. You can even massage your face with a scrub made of grated chocolate and sugar or a tablespoon of wine.
- Winter Hair Care (www.101beautysalon.com)
- Winter Makeup Guide (www.101beautysalon.com)
- Winter Skin Care (www.101beautysalon.com)
- A Fabulous New You (debenhams.com)
- 5 Can’t-Fail Winter Skin Care Tips (bellasugar.com)
- Be Radiant This Winter (massageenvy.com)