It’s a situation where you apply makeup to look good and it makes you look bad. To save you any embarrassment, here is a guide to show you how to correct the most common make-up mistakes!
1. Excessive Or Incorrect Shade Of Foundation:
- Always choose a shade that’s half a tone darker than your skin. Test it under your jaw line before buying.
- The choice of foundation also depends on skin type. It’s matte for oily skin and creamy or moisturizing foundation for normal to dry skin. Keep in mind what finish you want – sheer, matte, heavy coverage or dewy.
- Once you have chosen the foundation, start applying it from the center of the face with outward strokes.
- Use a brush to apply and then use your fingertips to get a softer and smoother finish.
- Make sure you blend well under the jaw line and neck for an even skin tone.
- Correct your face shape anomalies by using two different shades of foundation – one darker than the other. Foundation is better than bronzing powder and compact because it lasts longer.
- If you have a broad nose, lighten the center of the nose to make it look narrower. Then shade either side with a darker tint.
- If you have a square forehead, darken the corners of the forehead and highlight the center to make it look narrower. Follow the same rule to make a square jawline look slimmer.
3. Incorrect Eye Make-Up:
- Groom your eyebrows with an eyebrow brush and emphasize with an eyebrow pencil.
- If your eyes are wide set, use a darker eye shadow on the inner corners of the eye. Again, if the eyes are close together, use a lighter shade on the inner corner of your eyes.
- If eyes are small, use a light color eye shadow. For big eyes, use a darker shade.
- If eyes are small, contour only the upper lid.
- Always blend the eye shadow shades with each other to avoid harsh lines.
- When applying eyeliner, the rule is to go from inside to outside.
- Never stretch your lids while applying the eyeliner; this distorts the actual shape.
- Always apply mascara on both the lids; otherwise it will create an imbalanced look.
4. Using Too Many Shades:
- Use a maximum of three shades on your face, i.e. minimum make-up to get the perfect look.
- Apply a light eyeshadow. Contour your eyes with a dark kohl pencil. Now blend it softly with eyeshadow.
- Create a festive look with a rust color lipstick. This shade looks rich but not loud.
- Finish the look with a touch of nude or a light pink glitter blush on your cheeks.
5. Dark Eyes With A Bright Mouth:
- Never use bright colors for the mouth if you are doing your eyes in a dark color.
- If you want to emphasize your eyes. go in for a lighter hue on your lips. Apply a nude color eyeshadow and contour your eyes with a kohl pencil / eyeliner. And, if you want seductive pouty lips, downplay your eyes.
- Corrective Makeup Tricks (www.101beautysalon.com)
- Corrective Makeup Tricks To Hide Body Flaws (worldofbeautytips.wordpress.com)