Hair Color Guide To Help You Choose A Perfect Hair Color:
It’s no secret that more and more men and women are getting their hair colored – either to cover their greys or simply to get that perfect shade. But with so many different choices available, what’s you style pick?
1. Red Head:
Personality Traits: If you have a passionate streak in you and wish to make a bold style statement, fiery reds are runaway winners. If you are bold enough and prepared to accept the undue attention that your red hair color is bound to fetch you, then this is the right shade for you.
Skin Tone / Make Up Tips For Red Heads:
- You should have a pale, cool or pinkish skin tone to carry this shade best. However olive skinned or wheatish skin toned people need to find the correct shade of red for themselves instead of going for the fiery red shade. Do consult a Hair Color Specialist.
- Make up should be pink based – pink blush and lipstick. Avoid heavy smoky eyes and dark eye makeup.
- Please do not match your eyebrows with your hair color.
- Wear clothes which do not look too jazzy. Simple silhouettes, nice cuts and monochrome shades look good with this shade of hair.
Who Wears It: Christina Hendricks, Drew Barrymore, Deborah Ann Woll, Isla Fisher, Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts, Lindsay Lohan, Marcia Cross
How To Wear It: Do not wash your hair with very hot water. Deep condition and shampoo twice a week with products meant for colored hair only. Avoid harsh sun, use a serum with UV filters if staying outdoors for too long. Do not heat-style it everyday.
Market Medley: Wella Color Touch 6/45 Dark Blonde Red Mahogany; L’Oreal Paris Excellence Creme Rich Red 666; Shwarzkopf Igora Action Paint Ruby Craze.
2. Trendiest Brown:
Personality Traits: If you wish to transform yourself into a brunette, you need to have a bold personality to try out bold makeup as
these go best with brown hair color.
Skin Tone / Make Up Tips For Brunettes:
- Warm brown hair color tones like golden browns, reddish browns, bronzed browns, auburns all go well with warm olive skin or wheatish complexions. Paler skin complexions should go for ash brown or natural brown tones.
- For darker complexions, auburn hair color looks best.
- Bold and deep makeup creates a vivid look in brunettes.
- Try metallic eye shadow and eye makeup to bring out the warmth in your eyes.
- You can add reddish brown shades of lip color and add shimmer to your cheeks to reflect light.
Who Wears It: Nicky Hilton, Mila Kunis, Katie Holmes, Eva Longoria, Anna Kendrick, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, Minka Kelly
How To Wear It: Today’s darker shades are more playful and gorgeous. Shades of frosted brown and mocha add depth to a brunette’s repertoire.
Market Medley: Garnier Nutrisse True Brown System 5.03 Frosted Brown; L’Oreal Paris Excellence Creme 5 Natural Brown; Matrix Sololor Beauty Permanent Creme Hair Color Medium Blonde Mocha.
3. Copper Highlights:
Personality Traits: If you are not very bold yet wish to color your hair without making all heads turn, you can opt for a copper
Skin Tone / Makeup Tips For Copper Highlights:
- Fair skin tone or warm skin tones, both look great with copper highlights. For lighter skin tone, use a vibrant shade of copper, while for women with warm to darker skin tone can look for a bronze shade of copper which complements the skin tone.
- If you have naturally black or naturally brown hair, you can also get copper highlights.
- For Pale skin, pink to nude makeup looks best. For warm complexions nude makeup looks best.
Who Wears It: Lydia Hearst, Marcia Cross, Alicia Witt, Alison Hannigan, Rachel Evan Wood
How To Wear It: Ginger-toned copper gives a sallow cast to warm complexions; copper on the reddish side suits warm skin tones
well. Copper is a dicey color to work with, so use cautiously or better still, consult a professional.
Market Medley: Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Permanent Hair Color Cream 8.43 Mandarin Light Copper Gold; Wella Koleston Perfect 8/43 Celtic Coppers; Shwarzkopf Igora Royal Fashion + Colorists Highlight Color 100-77 Copper Glow;
4. Golden Mane
Personality Traits: Fun loving, seductive people love to sport a blonde look which maybe natural or colored.
Skin Tone / Makeup Tips For Blonde Hair Color:
- If you have very pale skin, opt for golden blonde hair color which will add color to your pale skin. Opt for pink and peach shades of makeup on lips and cheeks. Opt for color on the eyes with a mauve eye shadow.
- If you have a sun-kissed skin tone, you can opt for beack blonde hue, with honey, caramel shades of makeup.
- If you have olive skin or brown eyes, then it would be advisable to opt for a different hair color than blonde.
Who Wears It: Beyonce, Eva Mendes, Jessica Simpson, Christina Aguilera
How To Wear It: Blonde suits dark skin tones when four or five tones are used.
Market Medley: Shwarzkopf Igora Colorist Color Creme 12-1 Special Blonde Cendre; Wella Color Touch Nature 7/2 Medium Blonde
Matte; Matrix Ultrablondes by Socolor UI Blondes Gold.
- Choosing A Hair Color / Natural Hair Color (www.101beautysalon.com)
- The do’s and don’t s of hair coloring (www.101beautysalon.com)
- Hair Coloring Techniques (www.101beautysalon.com)