How To Fight The Battle Against Body Odour:
Everybody perspires – it’s the body’s natural cooling mechanism. The truth is, perspiration by itself is odourless. However, it is a breeding ground for the bacteria that live on our skin. The bacteria break down perspiration into aromatic fatty acids, and in the process, release chemicals that produce body odour. Often body odour is hereditary. In some cases, it could also be induced by the foods people eat – onions, garlic, and even non-vegetarian food is expelled by the skin in the form of sweat. Also, wearing non-absorbent synthetic clothes can result in body odour.
Deodorants v/s Antiperspirants:Deodorantss contain a fragrance and have anti-bacterial ingredients, which quell odour-producing bacteria effectively and safely. Antiperspirants contain zirconium and aluminium which block the pores that release sweat. Most antiperspirants contain a deodorant, but you also get unscented versions. If you don’t like the idea of stopping your body sweat, deodorants are your best bet.
Remedies From The Kitchen:
- After your bath, rinse off with tepid water to which a tablespoon of honey has been added. This is said to reduce body odour.
- Add a teaspoon of alum to your bath water to smell fresh all day.
- In summer, add a small cur of vinegar or camphor oil to your bath water.
- Bask in baking soda. It has the ability to absorb chemicals; by the same token, it can eliminate body odours. Apply it on sweat-prone areas using a powder puff.
- Believe in the power of H2O! Drink up by the gallon to flush out toxins and smell good all day.
- Eat a tablespoon of aniseed everyday.
Some Summer Tips To Smell Celestial:
- Wear loose cotton clothes – stash away synthetic threads. Let your skin breathe easy to smell nice all day long!
- Dust your clothes and lingerie with Clotrimazole powder. It is anti-fungal and reduces perspiration.
- Sleep sans underwear at night, or change your underwear before you goto bed.
- Your feet are especially vulnerable. Give yourself a quick-fix pedicure every day – wash them with warm water and soap, and pamper them with talk. Wear open-toed, strappy sandals to cool your heels and give your feet some ventilation.
- Never ever wear yesterday’s clothes – even if you shower every day! Also make sure your clothes are washed thoroughly before you wear them again. This is especially true for socks and underwear.
- Shower everyday. A shower or two a day keep bacteria away.
- Unless you want to become a social outcast, use antiperspirants or deodorants regularly. It’s worth trying out different ones before settling on one because each has different active ingredients, and some could work better for you.
- Another useful trick is to depilitate areas that tend to sweat.
- Say ‘No’ to alcohol because it increases perspiration potential by dilating your blood vessels.
- Fragrances For Men (www.101beautysalon.com)
- Choosing Your Fragrance (www.101lifestyle.com)
- Fighting Body Odor (www.101lifestyle.com)
- Body Hygiene (www.101beautysalon.com)
- What’s Your Essence? (worldofbeautytips.wordpress.com)