If you always believed you were a brush stroke away from the hair look of your favorite celebrity, we show you how to detangle the style.
Mane Goddess: Rihanna
Style Notes: Rihanna sports a tight graduated bob. Her hair is cut longer in front, going diagonally across with an asymmetrical length. The jet-black hair color, gives it a posh depth. It’s a young, hip hairstyle which can become sophisticated or crazy depending on how you style it.
Get The Look: This look goes with most hair types. Color your hair black with a non-permanent hair color. You can cut your hair really short, or if you want it longer, keep the length and just crop the crown hair. Now part the crown hair to one side, apply wax and straighten the hair. After it’s poker straight, let it fall naturally over your face. Finish with a gloss spray to add the extra shine and take care of any fly-aways.
Style Alternatives:Get an instant new look by using a long or hard wax to turn out the front ends. If you’re keeping the length, you can tie it in a ponytail in the back. Another look for this haircut is to blow dry it to give it an enhanced bob effect.
- To keep it shiny, coat your hair with a leave-on shine serum or spray.
- Using color shampoo and conditioner is a must to liven up colored hair.
- You can enhance the fringe by adding color which will make the haircut look stronger.
Shopping For The Look:
- Schwarzkopf Professional Bonacure Hairtherapy, Color Save Treatment $10
- Matrix Biolage Color Care Shampoo $3
- Matrix Biolage Color Care Conditioner $2.4
- Wella High Hair Gloss Serum $8
- Matrix Gel Trix $5
- Matrix SoColor Permanent Creme Color, Level 1A (1 Ash) $2.4
- Keune Ultra Brilliantine gel, a soft hold mild gel $7.4
- Keune Brilliantine Gloss Spray$8.3
- Toni & Guy Shine Zone $17