Skin toning is necessary for all skin types. It helps to improve blood circulation to the skin surface, closes the pores, refreshes the skin and add a glow. It should be an integral part of daily skin care.
Right Way To Use A Toner:
- Soak cotton wool pads of about four inches in the skin toner and wipe the skin. Pat the skin briskly with it. Then, use it to stroke the skin gently, with outward and upward movement on the cheeks. Each movement should end at the temples. Apply gentle pressure at the temples.
- On the forehead start from the center and go outwards on each side, again ending at the temples.
- For the chin, use circular movements.
- Tone the neck too, going downwards from the shin.
- Tone around the eyes, using a very light touch.
- Rose water is the best known natural skin toner.
Make Your Own Skin Tonic: Make your own skin tonic, with rosewater and witch-hazel. You will get witch-hazel at a chemist or homeopathy shop.
- For Normal Skin: Mix together3/4 cup rose water with 1/4 cup witch-hazel.
- For Oily Skin / Or Oily Areas On Combination Skin: Mix rose water and witch-hazel in equal quantities.
- For Dry Skin: Mix 3/4 cup rose water with 1/4 cup witch-hazel and 1/2 tsp honey.
Keep the lotion in a tightly closed glass jar in the refrigerator.
Toner For Oily Skin: Mix rose water and cucumber juice in equal quantities and use it to tone the skin. Cucumber has an astringent effect and helps to close the pores.
Toner For All Skin Types: Take 1 tbsp honey and 1 peeled and cored apple. Puree the ingredients in a blender. Apply it on the face like a mask and keep it on for 15 minutes. Then, rinse off with cool water.